The Sr. Manager, Market Access Analytics will be responsible for directly supporting the US Market Access team which includes Strategic Account Management, Payer Marketing, Contracting & Pricing as well as the Head of US Market Access in developing a reporting and analytics capability to measure and evaluate performance of the Market Access strategies & tactics. This role will have high visibility to the senior leaders within US Market Access and will require a unique blend of technical ability and interpersonal/stakeholder management skills in combination with knowledge of the US Market Access environment. This role will include management and oversight of 1-2 Sr. Analysts in supporting the function.
• Provides market insights across all therapeutic areas by leveraging in-depth knowledge of Market Access landscape, claims data and managed care data
• Conducts analytics in Market Access space across BUs (e.g., market share vs. relative access, access-driven performance
• Identifies market access trends / shifts, develops perspectives on payer behaviors, and analyzes prescriber plans, preferred positioning and market share
• Analyze and report on pull through strategies to measure effectiveness and lift of formulary changes
• Coordinates with Market Access and Account teams
• Manage team of 1-2 Sr Analysts in delegating responsibilities and ensuring quality information is provided in a timely manner.
• Coordinates with BUs & Insight Leads to ensure communication of managed markets insights
• Supports queries on specific managed markets-related issues
• Proactively identifies additional data sources / requirements for the business
• Provides quarterly updates to senior leadership on market access and market events
• Responsible for working closely with senior members of market access and marketing teams to report on channel mix for forecasting and variance reporting purposes
• Provides technical insights and trend analysis to the market access group and acts as a consultant to the brand and account groups.
• Assist in providing support to build strategies for the market access team
• 7+ years of pharmaceutical experience, with at least 3 years in managed markets in an analytics capacity
• Extensive knowledge of various industry data sources such as: IMS Rx and Claims data (xPonent, xPonent Plantrak, DDD and HCOS) or Symphony Rx and Claims data (Prescriber, Prescriber/Payer, PHAST) + MMIT or Fingertip Formulary Data
• Minimum requirement: Bachelor’s Degree with coursework in statistics, math and/or business. Graduate Degree preferred.
Technical Skills requirement:
• Proficiency in SAS, SQL, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and other analytical + reporting tools
Knowledge & Skills:
• Experience with Pharmaceutical Benefit Managers, Consulting or Managed Care companies a plus.
• Analytical and/or technical proficiency at analyzing large data sets to derive insights, build models and forecast future business.
• Experience with pharmaceutical data and data visualization tools
• Must have demonstrated an ability to prioritize and manage projects
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to contribute individually and in team settings
• Proficient verbal and written skills
Valeant is an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Job Applicants should be aware of job offer scams perpetrated through the use of the Internet and social media platforms.
To learn more please read Valeant’s Job Offer Fraud Statement.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.