Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is a diverse and decentralized pharmaceutical company that is committed to focusing on our key stakeholders while delivering consistently high performance. Our values provide the overall direction for our company, and provide us with the tools necessary to rise to any challenge by leveraging our collective hard work and effort along with our unwavering competitive spirit. These values help us set goals based on our organization’s potential and what we hope it will become.
Purpose of Position/Overview:
Manages and oversees overall supply chain operations including Demand Planning,
Supply Planning, inventory management and coordination with contract manufacturers and suppliers. Supply Chain Manager makes recommendations to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations. Develops and communicates project plans, risks and deliverables and coordinates among cross-functional groups. Additionally, the manager interacts with commercial to ensure proper planning for existing and new products in the pipeline.
As a key member of Valeant’s supply chain management team, the Supply Chain Manager will provide continuous and accurate visibility to product manufacturing in order to meet customer demand. Through development and management of established processes and infrastructure, the Manager will ensure that commercial supply, inventory and cost targets are achieved.
The Manager will be responsible for leading a S&OP process for assigned SKUs and consolidating global production requirements (if applicable). The manager will serve as the single point of contact for our contract manufacturers.
• Ownership of assigned SKUs and corresponding supply base
• Participation in S&OP
o Consolidating and rationalizing regional forecasts (as provided by Commercial or Finance Teams) for the SKUs and developing strategies with the 3rd Party Suppliers to most effectively and efficiently supply the regions with product
o Ensure optimal supply for required product
o Receiving purchase orders from Valeant regions ex-US (if SKU being managed by US on behalf of other regions)
o Issuing purchase orders to third party manufacturers for products and additional services
• Managing product demand by working closely with Commercial/Finance directors/managers
o Schedule and lead monthly demand planning meetings with product Managers/Directors
o Review demand forecast and recommend adjustments as necessary
o Highlight products with low forecast accuracy and work with team to improve and meet forecast accuracy goals
o Monitor Gross Factory Sales in order to react quickly to under- or over-forecasted finished goods
• Work closely with manufacturers on requirements planning
o Develop recovery plans on potential stock outs due to under-forecasting or late deliveries
o Recommend requests for expedited shipping to/from suppliers and manufacturers
o Anticipate and detect supply issues and lead the prompt resolution to minimize or negate market impact
o Manage and fulfill requests for product/production information from suppliers.
• Work with Marketing and Project Managers to incorporate product launches into the production forecast
o Work with Finance to maintain Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) with pricing and manufacturing information for new products
o Develop Demand Planning deck for new SKU(s)
o Create product master file
• Develop Monthly Reports:
o GFS Forecast Accuracy
o Inventory positions
o Weekly shortage reporting
• Lead supply issues resolution team
o Manage supply issues by working with project managers, Regulatory Affairs, Quality Control, Commercial and Finance
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain or related field
• Experience: Minimum 5 years in a related area
• Strong Project Management skills
• Pharmaceutical Industry Knowledge (2-4 years)
• Pharmaceutical cross-functional knowledge (Quality, Regulatory, Commercial, etc.)
• Ability to work as part of a team or individually with little supervision.
• Leadership skills
• Ability to think critically and perform multi-scenario and complex tasks
• Materials Management experience
• Flexible, persuasive, and diplomatic
• Strong written and oral communications skills
• Driver of S&OP processes
• MRP experience a plus
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong MS-Excel skills
• APICS or similar certification preferred
• Project scheduling experience; MS-Project experience preferred
• Some travel may be required (<10%)
Valeant is an equal opportunity employer.