Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is a diverse and decentralized pharmaceutical company that is committed to focusing on our key stakeholders while delivering consistently high performance. Our values provide the overall direction for our company, and provide us with the tools necessary to rise to any challenge by leveraging our collective hard work and effort along with our unwavering competitive spirit. These values help us set goals based on our organization’s potential and what we hope it will become.
Our Territory Managers are responsible for conducting sales calls with eye doctors (optometrists, ophthalmologists) and other optical specialists to promote our contact lenses and contact lens solutions using consultative selling approach. This includes private/independent doctors as well as retail optical establishments. Territory Managers develop and maintain effective routing and zoning plans for their territory, develop and implement account specific programs and business plans, and are strategic agents to the expansion of Bausch + Lomb product utilization in an account and portfolio selling.
What does it take to achieve success in this role?
• ‘In-it-to-win-it’ attitude and work style.
• Disciplined and action-oriented approach to selling and time management.
• Solid understanding of decision impact on growth & profitability of Bausch + Lomb and customers.
• Leader in understanding our customers and their needs to drive business.
• Self-starter, outgoing, upbeat and looking for a career not just another job.
• Demonstrated ability to understand customer’s and companies financial data, business models & profit drivers, and can evaluate sales strategies in light of ultimate financial impact on company.
• Demonstrated experience in pre-call planning and identification of all likely outcomes to address customer concerns. Be familiar with physician segmentation to understand their motivations. Make account trust that you are someone who can help them.
• By 6 months, lead sales conversation with doctors by challenging and persuading them to change their lens fitting habits. Build agreement at each point in the sales process and proactively remove barriers. Close for action.
• Persistence to adapt approach to meet and exceed business objectives when faced with an obstacle or a customer concern.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive, ethical customer relationships.
• Strong planning and organizing skills; treats the territory as a business; creates a plan for the territory and executes tactics to achieve goals; considers required investment and financial impact in developing customer strategies.
• Demonstrated ability to be proficient with company technology devices (Laptop, iPad, iPhone, etc.) for territory management and product orders.
Vision Care New Hire Sales Training Program Summary
Bausch + Lomb is one of the best-known and most respected healthcare brands in the world, offering the widest and finest range of eye health products including contact lenses and lens care products, pharmaceuticals, intraocular lenses and other eye surgery products. The company is solely dedicated to protecting and enhancing the gift of sight for millions of people around the world – from the moment of birth through every phase of life. Our mission is simple yet powerful: Helping you see better to live better.
Valeant is an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Job Applicants should be aware of job offer scams perpetrated through the use of the Internet and social media platforms.
To learn more please read Valeant’s Job Offer Fraud Statement.