Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is a diverse and decentralized pharmaceutical company that is committed to focusing on our key stakeholders while delivering consistently high performance. Our values provide the overall direction for our company, and provide us with the tools necessary to rise to any challenge by leveraging our collective hard work and effort along with our unwavering competitive spirit. These values help us set goals based on our organization’s potential and what we hope it will become.
To create and implement a Process Excellence program across our US operations sites utilizing our current employees. This position will focus both on the strategic formation of a formal program as well as the tactical implementation. It will have overall responsibility not only for the program but also the daily management of the program, projects, and results relating the improvement of our manufacturing sites from a utilization, efficiency, and quality perspective. The position will create the formal plans per site as well as the key metrics that will become the method to measure the success of the program and individual site plans. This individual will also provide training and mentoring of our employees in the key Process Excellence Tools (5S, Lean6Sigma, Kaizen, Value Steam Mapping, 6sigma, and other tools to analyze and resolve complex process and/or transactional issues in our manufacturing and business processes).
· BS degree required, preference in a technical discipline (Engineering, Science)
· Black Belt or Master Black Belt Certified
· Deep understanding of how to create a successful, sustainable program across the operations network in the company
· Proven record of creating, administering, and conducting training programs for all levels of the organization
· Deep understand of the Process Excellence tools as listed above
· Works well with all levels of the organization (Executive Management, Management, Manufacturing Operators)
· Very Strong Communications Skills
· Able to influence without direct reporting responsibility
· Strong Program Management Skills – Including PM tools
· Travel is required – Expect 30% - 50% mainly in US, however could require occasional travel outside of the US
· Knowledge of main MS Office Tools, Database Tools and Creation