Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is a diverse and decentralized pharmaceutical company that is committed to focusing on our key stakeholders while delivering consistently high performance. Our values provide the overall direction for our company, and provide us with the tools necessary to rise to any challenge by leveraging our collective hard work and effort along with our unwavering competitive spirit. These values help us set goals based on our organization’s potential and what we hope it will become.
Obagi, a division of Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America, LLC, is looking for a consistent and driven high performer with proven selling skills to join its fast growing sales organization. Professional Sales Consultants are responsible for delivering on quarterly and annual sales goals for a defined territory through the development, maintenance, and enhancement of key customer accounts. Medical Sales Consultants are responsible for the development of new accounts through prospecting, following up on company generated sales leads and cold calling. Key customers include dermatologists, plastic surgeons, and other office based individuals associated with the accounts. Sales territories may cover large geographic areas and individual may be required to live in the assigned geography.
• Promote and sell products to current and potential customers within a defined geography. Initiate specific course of action to increase sales and market share for specific products. Drive product promotion through the implementation and delivery of approved promotional items and approved field-based programs.
• Utilizes effective direct selling techniques and market strategies to expand product demand.
• Develop and coordinate physician training programs and practice enhancement in-services and open houses
• Provide technical product and procedure expertise to customers.
• Build strong professional relationships; establish credibility and rapport with customers
• Implement and execute key Marketing strategies
• Establish and maintain excellent communications and sound working relationships with co-workers and assigned physicians and healthcare providers
• Actively participate in scheduled Company sales meetings, district and regional conference calls and other business meetings
• Demonstrate honesty and integrity while modeling behaviors consistent with company standards and policies for business and compliance related matters.
• Other related duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Focus in Business or Life Sciences preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of proven sales experience in quota driven role with preference given to experience in dermatological, medical device, or specialty pharmaceutical sales.
• Demonstration of sustained, high performance in current position and strong aptitude for learning
• High sense of urgency in particular with regards to customer service orientation
• Strong business acumen and ability to understand market opportunities
• Strong knowledge of the business and market in the assigned territory is preferred
• Ability to travel is required by the specific territory
• Ability to thrive in a highly driven culture that is performance based, fast paced, and results oriented
• Must maintain a high degree of integrity and be highly ethical at all times
Valeant is an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Job Applicants should be aware of job offer scams perpetrated through the use of the Internet and social media platforms.
To learn more please read Valeant’s Job Offer Fraud Statement.