The purpose of the position is to lead and manage complex multi-year capital projects related to facilities and manufacturing at Bausch and Lomb Tampa. This position works cross functionally and brings together all areas of the organization from planning / purchasing to manufacturing and quality to ensure that the expectations of the internal customer are met with regard to capital improvement projects.
1. Manage capital projects related to facilities and manufacturing by applying project management skills, facilities, and equipment experience. Major projects are planned for and executed in a period of 2 – 4 years.
2. Lead complex multi-year projects.
3. Participate in the multi-year capital planning process.
4. Author technical documents including user requirements specifications, equipment specifications, engineering studies, and summary reports.
5. Responsible for scope development, project cost, and capital request justification.
6. Manage capital project spending for all projects under the scope of this position.
7. Develop and execute validation documents for project implementation.
8. Lead conference calls with suppliers and internal project team and issue meeting minutes.
9. Participate in cross functional teams for investigations requiring engineering design improvements.
BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical Engineering or related engineering degree. Project Management Professional Certification Preferred. Strong engineering skills in a cGMP environment. Good oral and written communication skills. Project management skills. Time management ability.