Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is a diverse and decentralized pharmaceutical company that is committed to focusing on our key stakeholders while delivering consistently high performance. Our values provide the overall direction for our company, and provide us with the tools necessary to rise to any challenge by leveraging our collective hard work and effort along with our unwavering competitive spirit. These values help us set goals based on our organization’s potential and what we hope it will become.
Person in this position will guide a team that is implementing incentive compensation, targeting & alignments for various Valeant Business Units (BUs). She/he will help drive informed decisions that will help grow top/bottom line.
Duties to include:
• Analytical Support of Incentive Compensation and Call Planning/Targeting work-stream
• Use of programming software to create processes in support of IC and Call Planning
• Creation of reports related to IC and Call Planning
• Knows multiple analytic approaches to CP and IC and when each is appropriate– e.g., when to use simple rules based call plan vs. a promotional response based frequencies
• Able to make a convincing argument to business leaders in support of his/her recommendation
• Able to tie all CP, IC and Alignment together into a cogent targeting approach
• Able to run projects related to the core Sales Planning areas such as size and structure, sampling ROI, etc.
• Managing the team and business partners by use of good judgment in difficult situations with business leaders, stakeholders and others
• Resolving difficult situations with vendors and other Valeant teams in order to
• Proactively balancing team workload and developmental opportunities for team members
• Providing “hands-on” expertise in the application of advanced contemporary approaches to resource optimization and allocation of resources to support the product portfolio. This includes the use of advanced software to implement advanced modeling exercises using econometric and statistical techniques to optimize promotional vehicles.
• Using contemporary data tools and techniques to analyze field performance and recommend resourcing levels.
• Ability to facilitate challenging meetings – e.g., complete revision of Call Planning approach, review of annual IC Health Check project outcomes
• Ability to demonstrate impact on guiding the decisions made by GMs, Sales Leads SVPs and other senior Valeant team members (“trusted advisor”)
Education: Minimum undergraduate degree in Computer Science or quantitative sciences (i.e. Econometrics, Statistics, engineering or comparable). Advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum 10-15 years’ experience analytics in pharmaceutical industry.
• Experience in Call Planning / Incentive Compensation.
• Experience in alignments is advantageous, but not required.
• Demonstrated advanced use of SAS software required. SQL & VBA knowledge a plus.
Valeant is an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.