Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is a diverse and decentralized pharmaceutical company that is committed to focusing on our key stakeholders while delivering consistently high performance. Our values provide the overall direction for our company, and provide us with the tools necessary to rise to any challenge by leveraging our collective hard work and effort along with our unwavering competitive spirit. These values help us set goals based on our organization’s potential and what we hope it will become.
The Director Strategic Pricing will create pricing and contracting strategies for in-line and launch products.
•Develop strategic contracting options to optimize the net profitability of individual brands and the portfolio of company products across all market segments. Ensure that strategies are integrated into and aligned with brand profitability objectives.
• Collaborate with brand teams and key cross-functional stakeholders to create product specific pricing and contracting strategies and manage all activities relating to senior management approval and tactical implementation of these strategies
• Monitor the success of pricing and contracting strategies through defined performance measurement techniques and adapt strategies as needed.
• Develop strong relationships with counterparts in account management, brand, business development and life cycle management, and other cross-functional stakeholders.
• Develop presentations for leadership review and guide the preparation of requisite financial documentation to achieve cross company approval of strategic pricing and contracting decisions.
• Ensure compliance with all governmental regulations, state and federal laws, and Valeant policies and procedures.
• Bachelors degree in Finance or other critical thinking major; advanced business degree (MBA) or CPA preferred
• 5+ years experience in the US pharmaceutical industry with an emphasis in finance or strategic/product functions with a minimum of 2 years in pricing or contracting; experience in contract negotiation and account management desirable
• Clear, implementable understanding of health economics, financial analysis and return on investment
• Applies appropriate interpersonal styles and communications methods to influence and build effective relationships with business partners (e.g. peers, functional partners, external vendors and alliance partners)
• Analyzes and uses qualitative and quantitative data and incorporates understanding into decision criteria
• Able to effectively manage competing priorities with strong sense of urgency
• Understands and utilizes economic, financial, and industrial data to accurately diagnose business strengths and weaknesses, as well as able to analyze and act on threats and business opportunities