Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is a diverse and decentralized pharmaceutical company that is committed to focusing on our key stakeholders while delivering consistently high performance. Our values provide the overall direction for our company, and provide us with the tools necessary to rise to any challenge by leveraging our collective hard work and effort along with our unwavering competitive spirit. These values help us set goals based on our organization’s potential and what we hope it will become.
The Product Manager will develop and execute the marketing activities and work to assess the changing market dynamics and competitive activity to maximize sales, market share, and profitability. The Product Manager is responsible for forecasting product sales and market growth, strategic planning, life-cycle management and oversight of the product tactical plan, including program development, advertising, and sales support materials.
Job Location - Bridgewater, NJ OR Raleigh, NC
• Participates in the development of effective marketing strategies and programs. Provide clarification of marketing strategy and ensure others’ buy-in and understanding.
• Participates in lifecycle planning for assigned brands, including preparation for any line extensions. Prepares product development objectives and schedules for all phases of product development and introduction to market.
• Manages the advertising and promotion budget
• Develops advertising and promotions for assigned brands; manages advertising agency in development of these materials. Works with other departments to help develop promotion programs, pricing, positioning, and packaging.
• Conducts market research, identifies and tracks market trends in company's industry. Tracks competitive activity in categories where assigned brands compete. Produces competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors.
• Position the sales organization in new markets and develop necessary tools to go after these markets.
• Coordinate activities, preparation, planning and implementation of conventions and conferences in order to assist the promotion of company image and products.
• Understand the industry market trends and assure the formation of strong promotional alliances to optimize the industry’s broad marketing impact.
• Ensure alignment of all efforts with the broader strategic direction
Preferred 2+ years marketing experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry with established and new product responsibilities.
• Previous sales experience in pharmaceuticals required - Working knowledge of marketing theory, principles and practices within the pharmaceutical industry (i.e., regulatory environment, pricing, packaging, distribution, promotion, customer needs)
• Branded Rx experience preferred in the area of Dermatology
• Successful product launch experience a plus.
• Experience in planning and implementing trade shows and events.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with and influence peers and management.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with strong analytical and organizational abilities.