Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is a diverse and decentralized pharmaceutical company that is committed to focusing on our key stakeholders while delivering consistently high performance. Our values provide the overall direction for our company, and provide us with the tools necessary to rise to any challenge by leveraging our collective hard work and effort along with our unwavering competitive spirit. These values help us set goals based on our organization’s potential and what we hope it will become.
The Senior Demand Planning Manager leads the Consensus Demand Forecast Process (CDFP) for Supply Chain and assigned Commercial Businesses. In delivering demand forecasts the Senior Demand Planning Manager will facilitate and lead an SOP meeting process for one or some of the nine Commercial Business Units and Finance with the goals of a) improving forecast accuracy in Demand Forecasts, and b) providing reliable forecasts for business planning. Improving forecast accuracy is critical to reducing end-to-end inventory working levels while maintaining targeted customer service levels.
GAP ANALYSIS ROLE
• Analyze unit demand data for statistically meaningful trends in core products of assigned businesses.
• Run and provide GFS unit forecasts as benchmarks for commercial demand forecasts.
• Identify unmet and “under-met” commercial and Supply Chain needs.
• Monitor S&OP process for measured alignment with GMS goals.
SOLUTION DEVELOPMENT ROLE
• Participate in development of data/dashboards/prototypes of tools.
SOLUTION IMPLEMENTATION ROLE
• Set and maintain expected norms and cycle-events for monthly SOP.
• Maintain partnerships with assigned Business Unit and Supply Planners.
• Provide detailed S&OP written minutes with action commitments and distribute to stakeholders in a timely manner
• Maintain a detailed knowledge of baseline and demand component breakouts for all core products in each assigned business.
• Maintain and improve corporate forecast accuracy performance measures
• Publish Monthly Demand Forecast to Business and Supply Planners.
• Regular key deliverables include SKU/Brand Forecast Accuracy, latest quarter estimate, and rolling six-quarter forecasts.
• Challenge commercial to ensure forecasts support realistic net sales
• Contribute to projects reducing obsolescence, and reducing stock-outs.
• Support a flexible and responsive culture
DEVELOP STAFF CAPABILITY ROLE
• Develop internal staff members through mentor system of role-modeling
Scope of position:
• Support SOP cycle for Demand Planning of one/some of the business units (GI, Derm, Neuro, GX, Consumer, Dentistry, Surgical, Vitamins, Vision Accessories
Commercial teams for one/some assigned US Businesses (GI, Derm, Neuro, GX, Consumer, Dentistry, Surgical, Vitamins, Vision Accessories), Finance and Supply Planning Managers
• Minimum, BS, preferably in mathematics, data sciences, operations research, statistics, supply chain, engineering, chemistry, life sciences or in an quantitatively demanding field OR Equivalent industry experience, with seven or more years of that experience in healthcare supply chain specifically demonstrating quantitative problem solving aptitude.
• Advanced degrees (MS) in mathematics, operations research, supply chain, engineering, chemistry, life sciences or equivalent industry experience preferred.
• Minimum of 7 years of pharma industry supply chain experience with preferred 3 to 5 of those years in pharma demand planning
• 3-5 years of Manufacturing ERP experience with major pharma industry ERP system (Manugistics, JDE, Oracle, SAP, AX) preferably as super-user.
• Hands-on experience with statistical forecasting techniques, best-fit forecast tools, algorithms, software and practice.
• Understanding of GMP drug manufacturing and regulatory requirements with regard to how those bear Supply and Demand Planning.
• Excellent facilitation skills, relationship skills, and communication skills